Weekend in Busan


Made my way to Cheonan-Asan Station (천안아산역), via Bus 370, a train to Cheonan, and then taxi to the station. Got tickets to Busan, and a ticket to come back Sunday afternoon.


My friend and I didn't have any lunch, so we had a late lunch - McDonalds. The McDonalds in Nampodong is huge. This is only one small section of it.


We then walked around and did a bit of shopping, and we found Frisbee - an Apple Premium Reseller. The staff there were so helpful and kind (and did the whole "한국말 잘하시네요" (you speak korean well, in a surprised voice) thing - I think I got that about 5 or 6 times this weekend). Maybe they just enjoyed their job, or maybe it was because I spent $400 there. Anyway, I had a good experience there, so the next day, I bought them some Krispy Kream donuts.

Later on that evening, we had dinner at out most favourite Galbi (갈비) restaurant in ALL of Korea, 생수갈비, met up with some of 성진's friends, and went to a bar and did a bit more shopping. They had to go, so after that, we got some Krispy Kream donuts, some drinks, and went to 용구산 공원 (Yongdusan Park) and chatted.


Sunday Morning breakfast - 소육백반, or as I called it "모닝 갈비". It was very good. A nice selection of 반찬/side dishes, and the meat wasn't overcooked, and was thinner than regular galbi/samgyeopsal.


We did a bit of internet research, and found 나무그늘, a place that has the skin care fish for your feet. So, we got some drinks, and paid for Dr. Fish. It was not busy at all, when we got there, there were only about 7 or 8 people there, including the staff working there.


Since it was very quiet there, they let us have Dr Fish for 30 minutes. It was 성진's first time to have fish eat his feet, so he was more surprised and shocked than I was when I put my feet in.

After that, went to Busan station, and made my way home. Decided to treat myself to Pizza, and got Domino's. Wasn't anywhere as good as Domino's back home, so I think I'll try some other cheaper Korean Pizza places near my house next time.

No comments: