Possible move to tumblr?

I've created a tumblr account, and have been posting some stuff on that. I find the layout and usage a lot more cleaner and easier than here in Blogger. Sure, Blogger can do more stuff (like comments ^^ hehe), but tumblr has a design factor that I love. Anyway, I'll be posting random stuff on my tumblelog that doesn't really need a full post to go here.

andyoppa.tumblr.com
Check it out ^^

I had GEPIK orientation from Monday to Wednesday this week. Overall, it wasn't too bad. Too many young, arrogant people there for my liking. No life experience, with the idea that coming overseas to "teach" would be a walk in the park, and then having a whinge and a cry when things in Korea are different and not what they expected and not trying to understand what's going on, and then telling Koreans that they have to be open-minded because they come from a different place.

As Anrie said in Kindergarten Cop (I think):

You're in my world now!


I'd often have Korean friends tell me that parents who said their kids to hagwons and other English learning places that have a foreign English teacher, that they're worried about the foreign teacher not being qualified, and only just being there for show/to make more money. After being in a room with 250 other "teachers", I finally understood what my friends were talking about. Don't get me wrong, I met some awesome people there, who are trying their best to teach, without a background in teaching - they have their students' learning and well-being in consideration at all times. But a lot of others I met (mainly young ones who just got out of college, who didn't study either English or Education) are the ones I was talking about in the above paragraph.

They're also the ones that kept me up at night, until 2 or 3am, with noisy drinking - only making that bad stereotype about young foreign english teachers in Korea stronger.

No comments: