The Sequel Rules

Something that got me thinking, when I was watching some random stuff on Youtube the other day.

There are certain rules that one must abide by in order to create a successful sequel. Number one: the body count is always bigger. Number two: the death scenes are always much more elaborate - more blood, more gore - *carnage candy*. And number three: never, ever, under any circumstances, assume the killer is dead.


Yeah, Randy's rant about the rules of a sequel, and it made me think about my 2nd time in Korea.

Rule 1: the body count is always bigger
Well, I haven't killed anyone, but I feel that I'm wasting a lot more time than I used to in my previous job in Korea. My main issue is that I have to be at school from 9 - 5 (40 hours a week), when I don't have enough work to justify being here for 40 hours a week.

Also, with my previous job in Korea, I was there for 3 years, in a hagwon, in the middle of nowhere. Now, I'm in a Korean public school, and handed in my resignation after 3.5 months.

Rule 2: the death scenes are always much more elaborate
This is the first teaching job I've ever resigned from. All the other teaching jobs I've had, I've just seen out the contract (in a few, I have been offered/been told to re-apply for but have decided not to).

Rule 3: never, ever, under any circumstances, assume the killer is dead
I've decided that It will very unlikely that I will be coming back to Korea for work in 2010. My next challenge in my life is to get my life started in Australia. Long term job, house, car, etc... I'm 30, i gotta start acting like it.

1 comment:

Jacki said...

good luck! we're also going home as well to try to jumpstart our "real" careers. lol