First week back hasn't been all that good. Teaching computers, in a computer lab that has regular problems and annoyances - in other words, borderline unusable - gets frustrating pretty quickly. Also, being told that you have to use Office for Mac, because it's cheaper (but not user-friendly, and shit interface) does get frustrating as well.

Word crashing as you open it - and only temporary fix is a restart.
Word crashing after you save a document - it does save, but you've gotta reopen it.
Powerpoint crashing as you open it = and only temporary fix is a restart.

Having those problems makes it very frustrating to do work. Frustrating is an understatement.

There are other issues at work that I'm trying to deal with, but taking things a day at a time. I'll be honest - I'm not enjoying the job as much as I thought I would be. I enjoy it enough to stay for the whole year (assuming that I get the 2nd semester contract). Assuming that things don't really improve - 1 year would be enough for me.

Just see how it goes... see how it pans out.

No comments: