Post from Adelaide

Came to Adelaide this weekend. To meet some friends, and to do some shopping. IKEA, Marion, Harbourtown, and possible Rundle Mall...

Lately, I've thought about my options for 2010, and I've come up with my Top 3. These are no particular order:

1. Stay in Mildura. This is the most boring option. This is the "life" that I would have had a few years ago, if I didn't go to Korea. I would have bought a house, and started to settle down. Mildura isn't a bad place, but it's damn boring. This style of middle-agedness is not for me.

2. Move to Adelaide. I've been to Adelaide a few times this year, and it's not too bad. But, It just reminds me of just a bigger version of Mildura. There are things to do, but eventually, it would get boring as well.

3. Go back to Korea. I really miss Korea, and until recently, I saw going to Korea as putting my life on hold, and then would restart it when I'm back in Australia. I've realised that that isn't the case. Life is life, no matter where you live it. Compared to now, my life in Korea was simple, enjoyable, and even though there was bullshit to deal with (everything has bullshit to deal with), it was different bullshit to here, and it doesn't feel as bad as the bullshit here.

and seriously, I'd rather get middle-aged in a country where I'm enjoying myself, rather in one that I'm not.

1 comment:

Banannas said...

what about a bigger hub city in australia?

but i agree with you on the same-same thing that happens living in any place. after getting settled, you have to find stuff to keep yourself entertained.

and boo to the silly computer problems. *huggles*