Reflection

I was thinking about my vaction to Korea today. I remember having such a great time there - experiencing new things, and meeting new people. I wouldn't have met Steve, Tony or any of the other people I met though them, if I didn't go to Korea. It's funny how good things can just happen... If I didn't get on that last plane from Melbourne to Mildura, I wouldn't have met Steve. If I wouldn't have met Steve, I wouldn't have met Tony and Mie. I also woulnd't have met Daisuke... or any other friends though them. I wouldn't have gone down the Great Ocean Road...

Anyway, fate (if you believe in any of that stuff) always has interesting things ready for you to take on, or deal with... or whatever. In 3 and a half weeks, I will be flying to Korea, to start a new chapter in my life. Some people think it's pretty cool. Others think it's pretty extreme. But, I'm the one going to Korea, not them. As much advice as people have, it's up to you to listen to it, or act on it. Obviously, depending on how well you know them, or trust them, you will take not, or tell them to shut up 'coz they have no idea what they're on about.

I really apprectiate what SuJeong and her family did for me when I was in Korea. They gave me a good impression of Korea. They did so much of a good job, that I am now going back there, for at least a year. Things will be different though. I will be living by myself. I wont be depending on anyone to instantly translate for me. I'll be working. It's gonna be a bit struggle. Also, like every society, and after living there for a while, I will start to see the bad things along with the good things - which is to be expected.

It is a big jeourny, a big change... a big risk. If you cant take a risk, where is the excitment in your life?

No comments: