After two days of sunshine, it snowed last night and today. Its really windy, and snowing heaps! The snow whips into your eyes, and sticks to you straight away... and because you are warmer than the snow, it melts... but, because its really cold outside, the melted snow freezes again, and turns into ice on your clothes... and then more snow sticks to the ice... its INSANE (in a bad way)!
The korean news said that there was about 7-10cm in Jeollanam-do (the state I am in). Only Jeollanam-do and Jeollabuk-do are the areas. Here, it's at least 20cm of snow! Visibility was down to a few meters when the boss drove me home. I was on my way to work, when the boss called and said "no work today because of the snow"... he could have told me half an hour ago!! Another teacher I know here, got a taxi to work... and he was hoping his boss would call him, and say "no work today"... but, the teacher got to work, and the boss said "sorry, i didn't call you... no work today". I've had things happen to me like that from my boss as well, like telling you things the last minute, like class changes or cancellations. Its just korean style. Even invitiations are done that way. Drinking, dinner... done on the spot. Even important family things, if you get a chance to be invited (like 100-day birthday parties for friends children), if its involving a freind's family and they invite you, its rude if you say no.

No comments: