Because of the snow last week, things were slowed to a crawl in the town... Didn't work for wednesday, thursday and friday. Luckily, it is not taken out of my annual holidays, as it is for another teacher at his hagwon. He got into an argument about it his with boss, and then compared his situation to mine (with his boss). We're in a small town, so rumours and things like that travel pretty fast. His boss talked to my boss about it. I'm not in trouble, but I think I might have to be a little bit more careful about this kind of thing.
To be honest, I don't think it is fair that his 3 days get taken from his holidays. His boss decided to close work, because of the snow. It should not be taken out of his holidays. I talked to my boss about the same thing. I'm not loosing holidays. For some reason, all the Hagwon bosses in town get together, and they have meetings. They decided that certain things would happen at their places, but, in three different hagwons, three different things happened. One hagwon was open friday, another teachers was closed (but he's loosing 3 holiday days), and mine was closed too (but i'm not loosing holiday days). I can understand them trying to keep in touch with the other hagwon owners, and trying to keep things to some level on consistency... but they also have their business to run.
So, had a very long weekend.
Had dinner with the two other english teachers mentioned before on christmas night. Was good to sit down at a table, with other English speakers, and have a decent cooked western meal, and to share stories and stuff like that.
Going to go to Changwon for a few days, starting this weekend, to stay with some friends. Will be good to spend time with them, especially since it is new years. Last new years, I was with them as well ;)
Other than all that... i'll keep it to a summary:
New timetable for work will start next week, since next week, all the school will be on vacation, for almost two months.
Got my gas bill for the last two months, 122000won! (like $150). Thinking about getting a heating mat, to go under my sleeping mat, so that I dont use too much gas for heating.
Finally had a go of those "try to get a toy with the claw" contraptions. See the photo below. They're everywhere in Korea!
Thanks for the christmas presents Mum, Dad and sisters ^^

No comments: