Weekend in Daegu

I had such a great time in Daegu this weekend ^^ It was good to finally see Mie in Korea. She arrived in November last year, but it was the first time to go to Deagu since Juy of last year. Daegu is a nice place. I met Mie downtown on saturday afteroon, and we had a coffee together, and did some shopping. Mie wanted to buy a new bag. We looked at a few stores (Adidas, Nike, Puma, etc)... at the Nike store, I saw a nice satchel bag, that has a compartment for a notebook computer, but I thought it would be too small, so I didn't buy it... But, i really liked the color!

But, then we went into the North Face store. It was so quiet there! We were the only ones in the store. Mie found a bag that she really liked. Then, 동균 arrived in Daegu, and we had dinner together. It was good to see 동균 again too. After dinner, I met 강모, and we went back to his house. He's such a cool guy, and a good friend. Its been a long time, since I've lied awake in bed, and talked to a friend. I dont know what time it was, but we talked late ^^

On sunday, we looked at a few things around Daegu. We went to 전자관, kind of like a mini iPark Mall at 용산. There were some nice computers and other electronic things there. Then we went to the Confucian school (향교), and had a look. A guy came up to us, and started talking about the school. 강모 did a very good job at translating for me, because the guy was talking in korean ^^ We walked back to downtown, and had lunch. I can't remember what it was, but it was chicken, with 동면 (is that right, 강모?) and vegetables. It was so delicious!

Before we left 강모's house, I checked the size of my notebook, on the Apple website. I was still thinking about that Nike bag I saw when I was with Mie the day before. I wrote down the measurements, and took that with me. After lunch, we found a Nike store, and we asked a sales person, to measure the pocket for the notebook, to see if it would fit my notebook. And it was a perfect fit! So, I bought it! hehe.

강모 walked me to the subway station (since I can easily get lost in crowded places ^^). We said "seeya later", and I took a train to 동대구station, while he went to Church. I arrived at 동대구 station at 3:50pm, and I was hoping that I could get a seat on the 4pm bus, but it was full. The next bus at 4:40pm was also full. So, I had to get a seat on the 5:20pm bus. While I was waiting for the bus, I walked around for some time, though the train station, and to Tourist information, on the other side of the station, and got a few pamphlets about Daegu, and 경상북도.

Anyway, I had such a great time with Mie, 동균 and 강모, that I will have to go to 대구 again soon ^^ Thanks everyone for a fantastic weekend ^^

No comments: