Drive

When I was in Korea, on almost every weekend, I was travelling to meet friends, going to see tourist/historical things, or just for shopping. It's been 8 weeks at home, and it feels weird that I haven't travelled out of the area. So today, I went to Renmark. Renmark is a small-ish town in South Australia, about 140-ish km west of me. I went for the shopping. Renmark has a Big W, and Mildura doesn't. Also, being in South Australia, it has different water restrictions - so, things were a lot greener there.

Here's a few pics:





South Australia is in a different time zone than Victoria - it's 30 minutes behind. It's the longest drive I've had, since I've been home. Driving 130km to Renmark, and then 130km back took a while, but it was nice.

3 comments:

Banannas said...

hmm...i remember going home and having my mom hand me the keys to her car with a worried "are you sure you remember how to drive?" question.

i fell back on that 'once you've learned how to ride a bicycle, you never forget' logic.

good thing i was right. i didn't crash once. or forget to put gas in the car.

Joia said...

Cool! Glad you're getting around town a little! Do you miss Korea?? I sure do. Random question: Where's Alice Springs? That's where my friend Robert lives now...

Andy said...

I've had one accident, and when I was back in Australia last year, i forgot to put the fuel cap back on, so have got a plastic replacement cap. hehe

Alice Springs, is small town (about 25,000 ~ 30,000 people) pretty much in the middle of Australia. (closest largest cities are Adelaide and Darwin; 950mi and 930mi away, respectively).