So, I was watching some mid-morning TV...

and a cooking show came on, called "alive in kicking", and it has a nice veal recipe. But, since I don't eat babies of any kind (except for baby carrots now and then), I decided to use chicken as the meat in the dish. Here's what I did:

Chopped up a red capsicum, a green capsicum, a red onion and a celery stick. Cut a lemon in half, and squeeze the juice of a half, and grate some of the zest from that half as well. Toss the salad to get the juice and zest all mixed in.

Get a decent sized round bread, like a continental loaf, and cut slices about 3cm thick, and then spread garlic butter or garlic oil on both sides, and put it in the grill (but don't turn it on yet - do that later).

Get 500 grams of your favorite meat (i went with chicken) and slice it into strips.

Put a splash of olive oil in a pan...

...and seal the meat.


Take the meat out (we'll cook it though later), and then put in the chopped vegetables in the fry pan, to soften them up.

Turn on the grill and get the large garlic bread started.

When the vegetables has softened a little (but still have some crunch, add 300mL of cooking cream, and about 300mL of chicken stock (or a stock to suit which meat you're using).

Don't forget to turn over the garlic bread.

Turn up the heat, to thicken the liquid.

When the garlic bread is done, put it on a plate, and squash it with a fork. Make a simple salad (i used lettuce and tomatoes), and if you've kept the other half of a lemon, squeeze a bit of juice over the salad.

(forgot to take the last photo ^^).

Place the meat and vegetable mix from the pan, and place it into the squashed garlic bread, using it like a bowl. Then, pour some sauce over the meat and vegetables.

It was delicious, even if I do say so myself *^^*

2 comments:

Why am I here??? said...

Did you eat the chicken and veggie dish before you could add a picture? hehe. I was waiting for the outcome. Now I'm going to have to make it!!!

Andy said...

Yeah, I was half way though it, when I realised that I didn't take the last photo.

Yeah, definitely give it a go. I think, total prep and cook time was 50 mins - 1 hour (most of the prep time was chopping up the vegetables ^^)