bike, choc and paper

I've been a bit lazy since I've been home. When I was in Korea, I tried to do some hiking almost every day, but since the part of Australia where I live is pretty much flat, I dusted off my old bike, and have been riding that almost every day. Today, not yet... it's a rainy day today.

Anyway, I made a bit of a graphic to show the distance I ride.


The blue line is just what I was doing the first few rides, to get used to sitting on a bike seat again. Took about 20-30 mins (depending on head winds).
The green line is what I've been doing for about a week and a bit, and it's not too bad, takes me 30-40 mins.
The orange line is what I'm thinking of starting next week, since the green line is getting a kinda easy. My guess is 40-50 mins.
The red line is after the orange, for more distance. There are a few other variations I could take, but just wanted to put one up for comparison ^^

The good thing about being outside of town, is less traffic, so don't have to worry too much about being run over. Also, I try to ride in the morning. My alarm is set for 6am, so that i can ride before all the work/school traffic. If I leave the alarm off, I'll go for a ride at between 9:30 and 10:30am.

When I was going to the gym in Korea, I'd mix up the cardio work - use the stepper, the bike and the treadmill, and it felt great after a leg workout. The gym I went to in Korea was pretty small, but wasn't too bad.

This the leg workout I used to do (before I stopped going to the gym and did hiking almost every day):

Leg Extension: Warm up set: 15 reps @ 70kg, then 4 sets (15 reps) at 100kg (machine max)
Leg Curl: Warm up set: 15 reps @ 20kg, then 4 sets (15 reps) at 30kg (this one was difficult, but felt good afterwards)
Hip Extension: Warm up set: 15 reps @ 60kg, then 4 sets (15 reps) at 80kg (machine max)

Then, if i had time, i did a lot of cardio.

I lost about 25kg in my 3 years in Korea, and most of it was all from lifestyle changes - eating different (mostly healthy) food, not having a car, so having to walk everywhere. Doing the martial arts class after work for 2 years, and going to the gym and hiking. I've put on a few kgs since I've been home (with Korea having terrible snacks and chocolate, and then coming home and going to Target, Kmart, Coles and Safeway, and them all having Cadbury 250g blocks of chocolate on special doesn't help), and when I get working again, I'm gonna check out the gyms in my town, and see what's on offer.

When I was in Korea, i used to work out before I went to work, and that really helped with the shitty mood (as in getting rid of it) before I got to work. It really helped me deal with shit a lot easier. If I can work out for 2 hours at the gym, have a shower, and go directly to work (do not pass go, do not collect $200), I'd be happy.

Speaking of chocolate just before, I organised a parcel to send to a group of friends in South Korea (Who I affectionately call the Scooby Gang - me included... there's 4 of us, 2 guys, 2 girls, but that's as detailed as I've gone into it) which ended up being 5.7kg (12.5 pounds) of chocolate and lollies. A couple of days after I left Korea, it was G's birthday, so I sent him 3 blocks of Cadbury Chocolate, and he loved the Rocky Road stuff, and with M missing some things from Canada (Crunchie bars!), I gathered up some of those, and a few others, and then some lollies. Luckily, different supermarkets had things on special this week. Anyway, here's what it looked like, pre-sending:


I pixelated some things, so that there's some surprises when they get the box next week.

Well, I'm still waiting on my police check from Korea. I called the courier service AGAIN, and they're looking into it. I checked in on the new a few mins ago, and it says it's going to be delivered today: "Onboard with courier driver" is it's official status. This document is holding up my whole application, so it would be great if I can just sort all of this shit out today.

1 comment:

Banannas said...

wow, that's a lot of sweets!

YAY!

and i hope that courier thing falls into place soon. like now.