Level up?

Since I didn't do too bad on the Elementary korean test yesterday, I thought I'd give the Intermediate level test a go. It was damn hard - a lot of words I don't know, and it doesn't help when the voices in the recording speak slow enough so that it's irritating. - especially after listening to real speed Korean for 3 years. Also, with taking a Korean test yesterday, my brain was a bit mushy anyway.

Also, After doing Grammar & Vocab, Listening, Writing (where I just halved my score from yesterday for the 30-point open question. I know I can write the 400-600자 amount, but with my grammar and vocab limited, it would get less points, so I just halved what I got from Equinox in the Elementary test), and then Reading. After all that, a few questions in, when it got damn hard quickly, i just gave up, and I did what any person would do if they gave up in a test - hope for the best by choosing answers at random.


Here's what I got:

Listening (듣기): 36/100
Reading (읽기): 15/100
Vocabulary and Grammar (어휘 및 문법): 33/100
Writing (쓰기): 22/100

Total (총액): 106/400
Average (편균): 27/100
(technically 26.50, but i rounded up.) ^^

I think, if I persisted with the Reading section, I could have got 20~25, but, meh... I have a good idea where I'm at with Korean.

Also, once I get a job, I won't be online as much and also won't have much time to study Korean. So, it's kind of cool to know, without any real study, how well my Korean was.

I'm still toying with the idea of studying Korean for a year in Korea somewhere, but at the moment, I think it's mainly driven by me missing Korean food, the lifestyle and my friends. Holidays to Korea are more likely, and if I can keep my Korean level roughly at where it is, so that when I go to Korea again, it won't be so hard to get around.

I will admit, the Korean that I was using in Korea, is very different to the tests. If there was a section on the tests about giving/listening to directions, buying multiple bus/train tickets, while asking about where bus/train lines go, then I'd be awesome ^^

Basically, if there was stuff based on real life experiences, I'd be alright ^^

Ah, and my Criminal Record Check, that I need from Korea so that I can become a registered teacher again in Australia, is on it's way. I should be registered by... summer break! ㅋㅋㅋ

화이팅~!

No comments: