I haven't written in my regular diary for a while, so I thought i shuold write in it while I have some time. I've had an interesting week - working hard at the gym, arguments with the boss - and its not friday yet ^^ Well, these things happen. People have different ideas, and they often clash. Its life. Deal with it.

Every now and then, my boss and I have an arguement about things. We both come from different backgrounds, and see the world differently. We've both had different backgrounds of education. Now, I realise that he has been teaching English in Korea for longer than I have been teaching. But, the argument wasn't about teaching. I feel that, in Australia, people who run businesses are way more organised, when it comes to scheduling. Also, the method of making them is different. In Australia, before making it official, we ask all the people involved, and make it right first, and then make it official. In Korea, it seems to be done backwards. Things are made, and then changed at a later date, to suit other people. I don't like the "This is Korea" argument, when it isn't valid. At times, I feel that my opinion isn't listened to, or taken notice, because I'm a foreigner, and that can be really stressful - because its a type of discrimination.

After living here for some time, I have noticed that discrimination is acceptable in Korea, and that is really sad. I am sick of the "us and them", "Koreans and foregienrs" mentality here. Koreans might be advanced with selling cars and electronics overseas, but for them to truly make it overseas, they need to think globally.

It probably sounds like that I'm generalising. I have made some good friends here, that are open-minded, trustworthy, and don't consider me a "resource". I've met so many people here, that just waste my time, that it is hard to make friends here. I have a small group of good friends in Korea, which is good.

Basically, I just don't want to waste my time here. LIfe is an adventure, I don't want to waste it.

No comments: