I'm really happy in Korea. I have made good friends here. But, every now and then, I meet someone, who isn't quite up to my standards of true friendship, so I have to tell them, that I am not interested in being friends with them anymore. I know that sounds harsh, but to be honest, it's the best thing to do.

Sometimes, I don't tell them, because they can be so immature, and close-minded. But, sometimes, they deserve to be told. Sometimes, In Korea, I met some people, who seem nice at first, but eventually, I can see that they are using me for something else, whether it be my english, my easy-going character, or just because i'm a foreigner, and they're curious.

I find it frustrating that some people think its a good idea to play games with people's emotions here. I am sick of people wanting to play games, especially girls and women. Living out here in the countryside can be hard at times, and also lonely, so I have adjusted to that. I only want to make good and decent friends here in Korea, and I have succeeded with that so far. I don't need sub-standard friends wasting my time.

If you are my friend, you know that I really appreciate your kindness, your company, your thoughtfulness, and all the other things that you offer. I would like to think that my friends think the same way. They don't want to make bad friends, they want good friends.

And so do I.

No comments: