Cheap Food


One of the few things I'm gonna miss from Korea when I'm gone, is the cheap (but delicious) food. I'm not a fan of Gimbap (김밥), but one of the joys of places like Gimbap Nation (김밥나라), Gimbap Heaven (김밥천국), and all the over variations, is that it has a large menu of basic stuff (with basic refils of side dishes). Nothing over $5 is a bonus too, and most of the things are pretty filling as well (if not, just fill up on Gimchi and Yellow Radish).

For something healthy and filling, I normally go for 비빔밥 or 돌솥비빔밥. If i'm in the need for something oily, I normally go 고구마치돈 (short for 고구마 치츠 돈가스). For something spicy, I'd go for 순두부찌개, 김치찌개 or 된장찌개. I haven't got around to tryint the 참치찌개 yet, because the other three 찌개s are all pretty good.

The 김치뽂음밥 is good, if you ask the 아줌마 to melt some cheese on top *^^*

No comments: