It's only a number, right?

I came across this table just now, while I was surfing the web. It's the "Human Development Index", which the UN uses to measure the quality of life in countries around the world.

Here's the Top 30:

1: Norway
2: Iceland
3: Australia
4: Ireland
5: Sweden
6: Canada
7: Japan
8: United States
9: Switzerland
10: Netherlands
11: Finland
12: Luxembourg
13: Belgium
14: Austria
15: Denmark
16: France
17: Italy
18: United Kingdom
19: Spain
20: New Zealand
21: Germany
22: Israel
23: Greece
24: Singapore
25: South Korea
26: Slovenia
27: Portugal
28: Cyprus
29: Czech Repupic
30: Barbados

I was surprised to see Australia in the 3rd position, and was also slightly surprised to see Korea in the Top 30. So, I guess Korea isn't that bad at all. But, moving to a country that is 22 places below yours... lol... I won't finish that sentence :p

I put Japan is bold as well because I've been there, even though it was for a holiday, I could really notice the difference between life in Korea and life in Japan. Just as I came to Korea for work after a holiday, because I wanted to experience the "real" Korea, I am tempted, after a break, to try to live in Japan for a year, and see how it goes. I think, after 3 years in Korea, it would be very interesting.

2 comments:

Banannas said...

whoa, japan is just before the US...haha! and of course norway hits the top. too bad it's too cold and consistently dark half of the year. not for me...

앤디오빠 said...

Hey Banannas... Well, when it gets dark, what do people like to do? haha