Japan Ticket Update

Well, I got the tickets for Japan. The boss helped my by them from the Internet. I'm not happy with the way he did it (let's just say, like many of my experiences with Koreans here, they do things without thinking), but its done. A little bit more expensive, but I arrive in Osaka Wednesday afternoon at about 4pm. Will leave Nagoya at 9:30am on Sunday.

The bit I was complaining about is this: My boss called me last night, saying that he is buying tickets that night. He confirmed the price and arrival/departure time for Incheon and Osaka. I come to work today, and he's booked different tickets through a different airline, and costa a bit extra. The price I can deal with because he said that three wernt any tickets available for coming back. Anyway, The time going back was 9:30am, compared to 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

Fair enough. If I was consulted with the tim change BEFORE the boss bought them, I could suggest a change in departure place (like Nagoya).

So, I get to work today, and I hear about the new airline, new price and new arrival departure times. Also, because of the departure times, I can't get to Gansai Airport from where I will be staying Saturday night. 50,000won extra, I was able to change the departure airport to Nagoya, which helps. So, just a slight change.

But its just the principle of it. You don't book flights for someone without checking things first.

This is one major thing I am constantly dealing with in Korea.

No comments: