Jinju

I woke up on time to eat breakfast, have a shower, sync my ipod and get the series of buses to make it to Jinju at about 1pm. Having stuff ready the night before was good.

After arriving at Jinju, I made my way to Jinju Fortress (진주성). My lonely planet book didn't have a full make of Jinju, so I had to make a few guesses here and there, but was able to find where I was going, so no problems.


It was a bit overcast, and slightly humid, but walking around Jinju Fortress was nice. Had the occasional kids and an adult approach me (with the usual 미국사람 - American person thing), but normally when I go away for a short holiday, I'm normally in the mood to correct them and tell them that I'm from Australia (저는 미국사람 아니거든요, 호주사람이에요), in which it can get giggles, surprises people (coz I'm speaking Korean) or can start up a conversation (in either English or Korean, depending on the other person). Sure, it can get annoying at times, but generally, people are just curious. Definitely have to be in the mood for it though.





After walking around there for about 2 hours, found my way to the Central Market, and checked out some things. Like many other markets in Korea, you can buy anything from Fresh meat, fish and seafood (still alive in the buckets of water and fishtanks), fresh fruit and vegetables. clothes and accessories, underwear, and anything else you can think of. I picked up a couple of pairs of boxer shorts, with a 화투 (Korean flower cards) pattern for 5,000won each.



On one side of 중앙로 (Central Road) in Jinju, was the Market, on the other side was "downtown". No photos there, because it basically looks the same as all other Korean downtowns that I've been to. Restaurant, shops, and everything else that downtown has. I needed to rest from all the walking, so I found a PC bang, and then met SJ for some dinner. She studies in Jinju, and didn't go home this weekend, so it was good to see her, talk and enjoy a meal together.

Called Build Seo just after 8pm, and he was on his way to get me, so that we can go to Geoje island (거제도).

So, here I am, at 중안로, at a roundabout that isn't a roundabout... waiting...

1 comment: