Monday

Sometimes, I play games in class, that are loosely based on English. Hagwons, especially for younger children, are more like educational babysitting - as long as their learning and enjoying themselves, it's good for business (until they get to middle school, but that is a different story). For a long time, my students have been interested in Hangman, except that I don't draw someone being hanged. I either assign points to a team (when they guess a correct letter, they get points, depending on how many of that letter there is in the word/sentence), or I draw a face. When they guess an incorrect letter, I draw one part of the face. Even though the kids make fun of my drawing skills, my faces are kinda cute :p


Just another random photo of a student that doesn't want their face in a photo, but doesn't mind the actual photo being taken.


After work, I go to a restaurant and get some dinner. Sometimes I go alone, and sometimes students come with me. Every now and then, the boss' kids will come with me. We felt like having pizza, so we went to a local pizza restaurant (of the 3 pizza places in town, one only does delivery, and one is closed on a Monday, which we forgot at the time, so the choice wasn't all that difficult). The pizza wasn't too bad. But in Korea, pizza is expensive. We ordered 2 pizzas, a salad and a 1.5L Pepsi, and it came to 26,000 won (which is about $27 Australian, current exchange rate). This place has the best pizzas in town. The one that I normally order from (the one that only does delivery) is the 2nd best, but is also cheaper.


I called home as I was walking back to my apartment. Family is doing well, which is good to know. My Tim Minchin DVD arrived, and my sister wants to watch it, which is cool, coz I need someone to check to see if it's not faulty. I'll watch it when I get back to Australia.

It's good to know that things are going well. Enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments: