Spiralling

Ever had one of those days, where a bad thing just sets of other bad things, and it just cascades until it frustrates you so much that it just builds up to a point where you know that the next thing is gonna set you off, and it's all this frustration is gonna burst out?

Had one of those days today. It was just over simple things as well. But, it involved one of those wonderful electronic devices that people are so accustomed to living with... yes, the mobile phone.

My phone decided to officially go nuts, after a bit of gentle persuasion. Maybe I was a bit too gentle this time. My argument has always been, that if you're gonna do something, do it properly. I don't think Korean electronic manufacturers have heard of this saying before. In my time in Korea, I have had 2 Korean phones, 1 Korean digital camera, and 1 Korean notebook computer, and all of these things have been to a service centre within the first 6 months of use.

I've only got 3 weekends left in Korea, so I am trying to organise things with my friends, about meeting up before I leave. The cancel/clear button on the phone has been a bitch for a while now, but today, it wasn't working at all. So, after a bit of gentle persuasion (which normally worked), didn't work, and made it worse. 3 of the major buttons were having an identity crisis: menu thought it was 3, call thought it was 9, and messages thought it was #. The only thing i could do with it, was turn it on and off, and I was able to access the contacts, so i wrote all of them down.

Today, a friend was meant to come and stay over, so I called him from the public pay phone to make sure he was coming (which he said yes), then tried to call my parents to say that my phone is buggered (the line was busy) and then went to work. After work, i walked around town, looking for him at the two main bus stops that he might have got off at. Then I tried to call him... 3 times... no answer. So, I walked to my apartment, and decided to call him one more time from the payphone there, but some fuckstick little kid decided that it was a good idea to put paper into the coin slot. So, that pissed me off to the point of banging the handset on the cradle thing a couple of times.

I got up to my apartment, and checked my email. There was an email from him saying that he can't make it (with the sent time at 5:33) coz work changed his roster last minute. That's Korea - randomly last minute. At least he emailed me about it. So, i had to walk into town to call parents again, since some sprog bucket of a mistake little kid put the paper in the slot of the apartment payphone. Then after calling my parents, I decided to order pizza, for some comfort food.

Pizza is good. Except for the corn...

No comments: