Weekend + 1

Went to Seoul this weekend to meet up with some friends. Was meant to go to the International Car Show with K on Saturday at COEX, but it didn't work out (I think I didn't have his new number), so I just hung out in COEX, resisted buying some Apple stuff from the A# Shop. Then headed out to Children's Grand Park to meet up with GM, walk around, have a chat, have dinner together (the galbi was good, but a little pricey), and checked out Star City (a cinema and shopping place near 건국대입구), for some ice-cream and a bit of shopping. Then, while walking though e-mart, GM had the idea of "꽃민남 되자", and bought some skin care, and a "팩", walked through Konkuk Uni (건국대) to get to GM's place and had more of a chat, while becoming 민남들. ㅋㅋㅋ Talked about our lives recently, what we're gonna do after we leave Korea (i'm headed back to Australia, he wants to go to the U.S. to get his Masters) and a few other things. He's one of my best friends here in Korea, and I'll miss him a lot.


On Sunday, I met up with MH and went to Apgujeong had lunch and chatted. We wanted to see a Korean horror movie, 외툴이, but none of the cinemas we checked out were showing it. It was good to meet up with her, and talk about a lot of stuff we've experienced in Korea.

Since Apgujeong was closer to Yongsan than Yeongdeungpo, I decided to go to Yongsan and change my train ticket to get the train from Yongsan. I bought the ticket the day before, but at the time of change, the train was all booked out at the time. But, Yongsan to Yeongdeungpo is only one stop away. Then the confusion started, because she said all the trains for the rest of the day were booked out, and then she started to show me tickets for the next day. So then I asked her, is there really no space from Yongsan to Yeongdeungpo, and she just replied with the "sold out" line. It made me think, who has my seat from Yongsan to Yeongdeungpo? So, i asked, "are you sure that all trains are sold out?", because I saw the electronic billboard that said that KTX were available, and she said that KTX was available, so I just had to pay an extra 5,000 won to get KTX, which meant that I arrived in Jangseong at 7:55, rather than 8:40pm, which was okay.

Today, I found out that the boss told some of the kids that I'm leaving, so I started telling my classes today that I'm leaving in 19 days, and that October 17th is my last day. Feels good to actually tell the students. The main questions were "why?" and "what are you doing when you get back to Australia?". The boss asked me for my email, coz i think he's got a replacement lined up. I had the usual group of kids who wasted mine (and students) time in class, so I made them write some lines in Korean.

One student actually had the balls to say "yeah, i was wasting time, sorry", and started writing. The other was "you can't kick me out of class, because my parents paid money for it", so i just replied with "the other students' parents paid money, and because of your behaviour, their time is being wasted, because of you.". Like I give a shit about your parents money. Get a backbone and take some responsibility.


A t-shirt that I've designed before (the "Yes, I Know (dokdo belongs to korea) But, I don't Care!" t-shirt) had been printed up by Babo Shirts. Check it out.

No comments: