Presents, Curry and Go Stop

One of my students randomly gave me this today. He didn't have my class today, but he just came in to my class room during a break and here "here, Andy쌤", I said "thanks". He said "you're welcome" as he was walking out. He's a recent student (maybe a few months), but his manners and English are pretty good. For me, it's the thought that counts. He could have eaten it, or given it to someone else, and sure it was probably only 100 won, but he gave it to me. It didn't taste to bad, either ^^

If I don't go to Gimbap Nara for lunch, and get some Bibimbap, I normally have some of this before I go to work. When I got here three years ago, I didn't mind cooking, but cooking for yourself every night does get pretty damn boring. You can get 3 minute curry, some microwavable rice, and have it ready within 5 minutes, with minimal dishes, and it isn't too bad. There are also other varieties of curry, and other 3 minute things as well, and also, you can mix it up with different kinds of rice as well... I don't mind some 8곡밥.

Every now and then, I'll play some Go Stop (고스톱) or Mat-go (맞고) with a few of my students. They think it's pretty cool and 신기해 that a foreigner knows how to play. Not as up there with a foreigner speaking Korean, but it is. I don't mind the game, it's a good quick, card game, in which once you get used to stuff, can get pretty hectic. Every now and then we'll change a few of the rules to make it more exciting, like using bonus cards (or not using bonus cards). Today, we decided that when you get the bonus cards that can be 피 and something else, they've gotta go until the "something else" category, until you get 8피, then you can decide where they go (if you get them after 8피, you decide then. If you don't get 8피, they stay where they are).


After 2 goes (extra point for each go), that's 22 points *^^*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness,,, U even do Go-Stop!!!

앤디오빠 said...

yeah. Matgo/Gostop is pretty easy once you get used to it. Working on your strategy to win, that's the hard part *^^*