The Plan

A lot of people have been asking me "So, what are you going to do now?" or "What are you doing next year?" and things like that. Sure, after being in Korea for 3 years, they wanna know what my next step is. But with fucking everyone asking that, it gets damn annoying. So, for the people who wanna know, here's a bit of a plan that I've got going in my head.
  • Get my Victorian Teacher Registration sorted out (which is gonna take time)
  • Possibly to go Melbourne to visit friends in November or December (depending on the money situation)
  • Get some substitute work, so that I can get back into the feel for "real" teaching (What I was doing in Korea, I wouldn't call "real" teaching).
  • After getting some substitute work, actually get a contract position in a decent school, which could lead to an ongoing position somewhere.
  • Try to budget my cash, since I don't/won't have much until I do get some work
  • Exercise now and then so that I don't put on the weight that I lost in Korea, and if possible, lose some more
  • Stop eating as much delicious Cadbury Chocolate (It's been on sale in three different places since I've been home!)


Ah, and one more thing I've thought about:


Try to keep my Korean at a decent level, and not loose too much of it, since I won't be speaking Korean almost at all here. In a previous post, I said that I met a Korean guy in my town, so I might use a bit of Korean with him, but other than that (other than on Skype now and then with Korean friends I made in Korea), I won't really use that much Korean.

Korean is only one of a couple of languages I'm interested in (Japanese being the other one). I'd like to keep learning it, and I've even been toying with the idea of going back to Korea in the future, to study Korean at a university there for about 6 months, after I get some things sorted for my life in Australia (like an ongoing teaching position somewhere).

While I was shopping with my sister yesterday, I noticed this in the "christmas" section of Target.


It's a santa claus chocolate statue, easter bunny style! WTF!

Christmas sucks!

1 comment:

kaye said...

heh heh.. the choccies are calling out to you... can you hear them calling your name? :D