Day 1

As of today, I'm credit card debt free... until I run out of cash, hehe. So, i'm trying to budget my cash. I bought some new clothes today, but I gotta take them back to get a size smaller, but not sure how "small" I will stay, since I'm not eating Korean food, and will drive now and then (which reminds me, might check out the bus timetable - it's a good 20 min walk to the bus stop form my house).

When I went though a check-out after getting some clothes, I went though my wallet, and realised just how much change I had in it - plus all the different shapes, sizes and the 2 colors (gold-ish and silver-ish). So, as I was trying to make the right cash to pay for the clothes, I made the comment "Just give me a second, I'm still getting used to Australian money". The middle-aged women behind the counter then said to me "Where are you from?", and I replied "I was living in South Korea for 3 years, and got back yesterday", and we had a small conversation about that. But as I walked out of the store, i realised what she asked me, and it made me laugh.

Met up with my sister after work, and we did some shopping together. She wanted some new headphones, so we looked around for that, and I wanted to check out new mobile phones. There are way too many Samsung and LG phones here, and after my experiences in Korea with Korean phones, I wanna try something else - Nokia or Sony. Will buy one tomorrow.

One thing I missed from Korea was real chocolate, and when I saw 250 gram blocks on Cadbury's chocolate on sale for $3 (regular price is $4.48), i bought 5 blocks! Dairy Milk, Rocky Road, Snack (8 different flavoured fillings), Fruit and Nut and Top Deck (milk chocolate base with white chocolate on top). 맞있지? This was in K-mart, by the way. I haven't eaten too much of it yet, either. it's 1.25kg of chocolate! I had a few pieces of Top Deck after dinner, and that was about it. I've lost about 25kg, and I'm not in a hurry to put that back on.

Then, went to Safeway, and found the "asian foods" section in one of the aisles. I laughed when I saw this:


Then, had dinner at home. Mum cooked the chicken schnitzels, my sister put some chips in the oven, and I prepared two salads. It was delicious.

1 comment:

Why am I here??? said...

I'm interested to hear about your transition back to life at home. I'm nervous that I won't fit in when I get back so I'm a little worried about myself. Good luck!!!