Sandwich or Toast

It didn't take long to start feeling overwhelmed with stuff, but it was something simple over bread, when it started to feel a bit weird.

After I dropped my sister off at work, I walked around the shopping centre and did a few things: exchanged some clothes, since the shorts I bought yesterday were a bit too small; bought a new mobile phone; and went to a supermarket for some stuff.

So, yeah, my news phone - a Sony Ericsson w610i. I decided to go on the Telstra network, since most of my friends are on that network. At the telstra shop, most of the phones on Pre-paid options were LG or Samsung, and after my experiences with Korean made electronics, I wanted to keep clear of those, which only left Nokia and Sony Ericsson. I'm not a fan of the Nokia UIs of late, which only left 2 Sony Ericsson phones.

The w610i came with a 512Mb memory card, a 2 mega pixel camera, Bluetooth, and a few other cool features as well, and a headset with the style of headphones that I like, so it's all good. It's also a walkman phone as well, so it can play many different type of audio files.


One thing I'm gonna have to get used to is not having Korean on the phone...


...but I put a few pieces of stuff on my phone. ^^


So, the bread. I was at a bakery, and I asked for a loaf of wholemeal bread...

Andy: I'd like one loaf of wholemeal please.
Bakery Girl: Which kind would you like?
A: Wholemeal.
BG: I mean, which type would you like? Regular, Poppy Seed.. *and a few other that she mentioned but I forgot*
A: Just regular thanks.
BG: Would you like that sliced?
A: Yes, thanks.
BG: Sandwich or Toast?
A: Sorry?

It was at this point where she gave me a bit of weird look, and I was getting a bit frustrated about all these damn options when all I wanted a loaf of wholemeal bread.

BG: Sandwich or Toast?
A: Ah, you mean the slicing? Umm... what's the difference?
BG: *still with the weird look*, Sandwich is sliced thinly. Toast is sliced thickly.
A: Oh, ok. Well, sandwich please.
BG: Sure.

After looking back, I realised that I went thought the same process before I left for Korea, but since I didn't have to go to a bakery and go though all that, I completely forgot. Also, from this point on, it's when I realised that things were getting a bit overwhelming. During the day, I've been sending emails back and forward to the Korean embassy about getting a Criminal Record Check to go with my Teacher Registration, and then being explained the whole process, which could take about 4 weeks.

Then I remembered which country I've gotta deal with *^^*

One last thing: This is one of the t-shirts I bought yesterday:


It has some random Japanese on it. It made me think about all the random English t-shirts in Korea. In Australia, mainly for design purposes, (same reason for English on t-shirts in Korea) there might be some Chinese or Japanese on the shirt. Made me laugh for a bit, thinking "I don't have any idea what it says - must be like Koreans when they buy a t-shirt with English on it".

3 comments:

Banannas said...

i like your 핸드폰 accessories!

and why is it 'wholemeal'? ㅎㅎ

Kong said...

Sounds like you are totally back in your life.

Andy said...

Well, slowly getting back to my life. I still need a lot of time to adjust.

Can someone send me over some Korean food please? I really have a craving for 보쌈 right now!