Se7en can haz English?

I was checking some stuff out on Youtube today, when I found Se7en's Youtube Channel (and then Official Myspace page - all friendly with RnB artists in the US, and an Official Facebook - joined ^^) and heard the latest song Girls (produced by Darkchild). It's well produced. This video, Seven's Video Message to for getting his Myspace thing sorted, shows some of his Engrishee skills:


Better than Rain's Engrishee? I'd have to say, yes... just. (by they way, he starts talking at about 1:18). This other video has him talking for a bit.

When I was listening to his latest tasty sound byte of Girls, there were a few small fuck ups, but nothing too major. The main one that annoys me (which is something that annoys me with every Korean learning English until they get it right), is dropping off the "s" at the end of the word. In the song, there's the line "I like them girls, that’ll love to trip / Trying to spend 24 at Se7en’s crib", and I'm hearing "Se7en crib". You can check out the rest of the lyrics here. There are a few other Engrishee cringe moments for me, but the production by Darkchild is so damn good that I can ignore it. The generally bad but cool rapper's grammar can kind of hide some bad grammar, I guess. :p

Other lines that make me laugh from the song:
Like Will I’m Legend, feel me / You can Google me, baby
I wish I had a clone machine / Then I could make 6 more of me
I like them girls, shot calling a whip (WTF does that mean?!)

If you don't mind girls screaming, this video was recorded and has some decent audio. In May, Se7en was having small promo concerts in the U.S. Around the start of October, Girls somehow got leaked and found it's way on the net.

So, Se7en... When can we haz new Engrishee album?

3 comments:

Joia said...

Thanks for the new obsession! My yellow fever lives on...lol :)

앤디오빠 said...

Hehe. I don't mind Se7en's voice, when it's recorded and tweaked in a studio. I'm not a fan of his live stuff. Sounds too much like Noraebang to me.

Anonymous said...

I love his ballads, and if you can sing a ballad, dammit, you can sing! Love you, Se7en. It'll be alright, honey. XXOXXO