Last Day, Part 3

The boss came to my place at about 1:40am, to collect my stuff, and take me to Gwangju bus terminal. On the way, we stopped at his place, to say good bye to his sons. They're like younger brothers to me - I used to see them every day. One of them was already asleep, but the older one stayed up to say good bye. The boss said he'll miss me, and I know I'll miss him.

Got to the bus terminal at about 2:30am, and the boss and I talked for a while, said goodbye, and then I got the bus. I think I got about 30 mins sleep, coz I woke up, and it was damn hot. The bus driver, in thin slacks and a thin shirt, had the heater on 1000% and then some. Other people were complaining that it was to hot, but then he started talking about how it's better to be too hot rather than be too cold or some shit.

The bus got to Incheon International at 7:00, 30 minutes ahead of schedule, which was good, since the check-in lines for my first flight were insanely busy. Took 40-50 minutes to check in, and then i went around checking out the exchange rate (which wasn't too bad, considering that it's gone over 1,000 won per AU$1 a while ago.

Then I finally got around to calling the friends who came to meet me at the airport. I'm so fucking happy that they woke up early and made the effort to come to see me off. They're the kind of friends that made me think twice and a third time about leaving.

After chatting, hugging, a bit of emotion showing a bit of crying, I went through the magical frosted doors, though customs and immigration, handed over my alien card, and got on the plane...

(the internet at Narita is a bit shit.. I'll post some pics later).

Well, that's the end of my Life in SK.

I'll continue blogging at: andyinreallife.blogspot.com

2 comments:

A said...

WOAH!!! you were in korea almost 3 years??? what were you doing there?? how did you go about doing that?? so you can speak korean fluently now??

앤디오빠 said...

Yeah, I was in Korea for 3 years. I was teaching English in a small countryside town. I'm not fluent in Korean, but my Korean isn't too bad for someone who didn't study.