By Chance

Today was one of those days, where if I didn't get the bus, instead of driving, the cool things that did happen, wouldn't have happened.

I've eaten a fair bit of delicious chocolate since I've been back (and it's damn good), so I decided to walk to the bus stop near my house. Well, kinda near - it's 2 km away. A daily ticket for all the buses in town costs $3.20, which isn't too bad. For the two things I only had to do today, I would have used more than $3.20 of petrol anyway.

Got into town, and walked to a shop close by. I accidently bought a DVI-A to VGA connector, and I just needed a DVI to VGA (which doesn't really happen), and I need to get a Mini-DVI to VGA cable to get my Macbook connected to the awesome LCD TV that my parents have in the lounge room. Anyway, got a refund for that, and then started walking up to the other end of town, which had a shopping centre, and the only real kinda-Apple place in town. I needed a power cable for my Time Capsule that has an Australian end on it, and while I was there, I thought I'd get a Mini-DVI to VGA cable.

the only cinema in town


On the way, I saw someone who was familiar, and she was looking at me. Turns out it was a friend who I've been trying to get in touch with since I've been home. While I was in Korea, her phone number became inactive, and the only other option was going to her parents place, and asking. We had a hag, swapped numbers, and had a quick chat, catching up on what we've missed out on in the past 3 years.

It got me thinking... If I didn't get the bus, or got an earlier/later bus, or was walking on the other side of the street at that same time, I wouldn't have seen her.

on my way to the apple-ish store, i walked past this chinese restaurant. I'm not sure of the chinese characters/hanja, but after being in Korea, i wanna find out what it means

She had other things to do, so we went on our way, and I walked up to the Apple-ish store to get my cables (the Mini DVI to VGA will be in next week). I realised that it was too late to get the 4:05 bus back out my way, so I had to wait for the next one, which was at 5:45. I went to the shopping centre near by, and checked out some stuff.

While I was waiting at the bus stop, there was an asian guy sitting there. About 10 seconds before I sat down, I saw him spit on to the concrete, which made me think, Korean people do that. lol. After sitting down, he opened his wallet, and I saw something that said 카드 on it. So, a few seconds later, I asked him if he was Korean, and he replied "yes" and from then on, until he got his bus, we talked about things in Korean and English, and swapped numbers.

It also made me think again. If I didn't see my friend and stop to talk to her, I would have made it back to the bus stop in time for the 4:05 bus, and I wouldn't have met the first Korean guy in my town.

After walking 10.5 km around my area, I'm a bit tired - and a bit sunburnt. It was a good day today ^^

4 comments:

Why am I here??? said...

SUNBURNT!!!!!!!!!! I'm jealous!!! It was raining in Korea today ;)

Sounds like a fun day and a chance meet up with 2 people, very cool

Andy said...

Yeah, it was as awesome day. I just got an email from another friend who I've been trying to get into contact with as well, which is cool.

Yeah, i kind of freaked the guy out by asking him "Are you Korean?" in Korean. haha.

kaye said...

fate works in strange ways indeed... ;)

Banannas said...

small world, eh? :p