I'm home

Arrived at Brisbane airport at 7am, but it was insanely busy at the airport. Took a long time to get though customs and immigration, and then not knowing that the domestic and international terminals at Brisbane were in the same building, so byt he time i got the the domestic terminal, it was too late to check in my luggage (got a ticket in Japan), so I was able to change to the next Melbourne flight, one hour after the planned time, at no charge, which was awesome.

Daylight savings has kicked in early in Victoria, and I forgot that Queensland doesn't do Daylight savings time, so that buggered me up a little.

Had some Subway for breakfast and dinner. Not many healthy and cheap options for food in airports. I had to pay $3.30 because my luggage was a bit heavy for my last flight. My mum and sisters met me at the airport in Mildura, and then came home. My sisters wanted to have Fish and Chips for tea, and just relaxing with family.

3 time zones in 36 hours... Tired and emotional.

2 comments:

Banannas said...

*huggles* whoo--you're home!

i just realized that 'home' for me is divided in two different countries. ack.

WhatUpThen said...

Glad you had a safe trip back home. I will continue to read your Andy in SK archives.