Last Day, Part 2

Decided to take my suitcase down to the post office, since it was feeling a little heavy. Glad that I did. It was about 26-7kg. My limit is about 20, but I've had an instance where the people at the check in counter say "The real limit is 30kg, but we tell people 20kg so that they don't over pack". But, that was 3 years ago, so just wanted to make sure. So, I decided to send some stuff home, just in case. One of my domestic flights in Australia has a luggage limit of 15kg, but luckily, that's the shortest flight, and the fee for every kg over is about $4.

So, with that sorted, came home and got ready for work, via the supermarket for some snacks. Played games and had snack parties with my elementary classes, then had dinner with the boss' sons (who are like younger brothers, since I see... i mean, used to see, every day) and one other student who has been at the hagwon since I arrived.



Welled up after dinner, when the other student gave me a big hug and went home. He did too. I had one more class, with middle school kids, but it was just hanging out. When I got there, they were writing letters to me. They made me promise that I will read them when I'm back in Australia. But, I read one, from one of my better students. ^^ After that, cleaned up my classroom, and then waited for another class to finish, so I could get their photo.

Came home, sorted out the rest of my stuff, had a shower, and did some last minute cleaning. The only thing that isn't packed, is my Macbook and charger. Fridge is defrosted. (Kinda) cleaned the bathroom yesterday. All I gotta do before I leave, is take out the trash.

In 12 hours (1pm Saturday), I will be at Narita Airport in Tokyo, during my 9 hour stopover, waiting for the flight at 9:30pm (Korea/Japan time) to Brisbane.
In 24 hours from now (1am Sunday), I will be on the plane from Tokyo to Brisbane.
In 36 hours from now (1pm Sunday), I will be at Melbourne airport, after getting the Brisbane to Melboure flight 1 hour and 50 minutes after landing, waiting for the last flight to my hometown, Mildura, Victoria.
In 48 hours from now (1am Monday), I will be at home. Sleeping. Dreaming, as my sub-consious tries to make sense of my Andy in SK experience.

1 comment:

ambearo said...

I can't believe you're gone! Hope you have a safe journey! xox