Last Weekend (마지막 주말)

Waking up at 8am to work at 9am for a couple of hours for the kids that had a PELT interview test. Finished at 11:30, and had lunch with the boss' sons. Went to a "new" restaurant in town and had 육회비빔밥 and 갈비, then I went to Gwangju to watch Eagle Eye. Then stopped by eMart to pick up the new Epik High album, Lovescream, get some more Dr. You Cereal bars. Got the subway back to Nongseong station, and checked out Geumho world. Got a 3,000 won discount on a silicon case for the new iPod. Had KFC at the bus terminal (which was a bad idea - lucky that my toilet doesn't have a blog). Spewing is not fun.

Spent Sunday morning trying to feel better, then sorting though my clothes to see which ones are going to be coming with me back to Australia, being recycled, or being thrown out. Then, went for a walk around town with my camera, to take a few pictures.


View from the 12th floor.


The soccor field, which is mainly used for mums walking around at night for some exercise.


Sangga. The "shopping centre" here.


Next to Sangga is the sports centre, which has a swimming pool, gym, dance academy, taekwondo place, a billiards hall, ten pin bowling, an english hagwon, and a piano hagwon.


the "civilian part of town" Sangga is in the part of town where all the military people live.


On the first floor is THE bakery and a small convenience store. 3rd floor is my old Geomdo place and a billiards hall.


The old Geomdo place. Closed down December 2007.


Tong Tong GImbap. When Gimbap Nara is closed, I go here. They're open longer.


At the main 네거리 in town. Family Mart on the corner, and next to it is the pizza place i get pizza from.


Hapkido, a PC bang (my town has 3 of them), and 2 convenience stores. Channel Q closed down about 2 months ago. Dream is a convenience store that also rents a shit load of comics and videos, with a shitty DVD section.


A road sign at the 네거리.


A few other places in town. Another PC bang, and the noraebang that I go to, which is owned and run by one of my student's parents.


Two decent restaurants in town, and the 2nd floor is where the hagwon I work at used to be.


The doctors and chemist I go to.


The middle school.


Mom's Touch Chicken (used to be BBQ Chicken) and a closed town Accessory 가게.


The bank.


Gimbap Nara.


The other part of town.


The other supermarket, Hanaro Mart.


The Post Office.


The bus stop near my place that takes me to Jangseong.


Bus and street sign from the bus stop, facing 사창네거리.

4 comments:

Brian said...

Whoa, it looks like you work in 1996. That's really neat, seriously. What part of town is that, if you don't mind sharing?

앤디오빠 said...

It's not a part of town. It IS town. hehe.

I live in 사창리 삼계면 장성군 전남.

If you've got Google Earth installed on your computer, check out: 35°15'20.00"N 126°40'12.00"E

Banannas said...

yeah, i saw your town too!

it's a bit like where i go to visit my mom's side of the family, except that there's a slightly bigger town only 20 minutes away...

and less army drones...

Brian said...

Neat. I thought you lived in Gwangju, hence the surprise. You're the first person I know in Jangseong, then.

It's always neat to pass through towns like that, but a little depressing, too, to think about their past glories. I taught in a town of a few hundred in 2007, a town that had remnants of an Isaac, a Mexicana Chicken, and a pizza place, though all three were boarded up and used for storage.