2 months to go

Friday was a public holiday here. Gwangbokjeol (광복절 - Liberation Day), for celebrating the day that Japan left Korea in 1945. I'm happy for a day off, especially friday, since that is the day that I would teach middle school.

So, G and M made their way down here. Found a nice galbi restaurant in Jangseong, which, by chance, is owned by the same people who owned Hangukgwan (a restaurant in my town) before they moved to Jangseong. They recognised me, and had a bit of a chat and gave me a business card to pass on to my boss. We then went to a small supermarket, and got the bus back to my town where we chilled for a bit, chat, and then headed out for some stirfry duck and noraebang.

Saturday, a bit of a late start, but got to Gwangju and had lunch downtown, then went to Art Street. We got there a little late, but had a look, and walked around other places in downtown, in which we found the 덝갈비 restaurant named Cock. I'd seen it before, and told G and M about it before, and we decided to eat there, and it was tasty.

After the food, G and M made their way to Gwangju train station, and I went back to the bus terminal. Thanks for making it down here. Had an awesome time!

I had a bit of time to kill before the last bus, so I bought a book that I saw previously that day.


It's a Korean cookbook for various kinds of soups and similar things. I bought it so I can cook some Korean things at home. I also checked out Artbox (a cute stationery/accessory shop) and bought a funky stick on cover for my ipod.


You can also see the funky colored stickers on my keyboard in the background. At night, it's too difficult to see the keys, so I bought some cute (and childish) keyboard stickers for the keys.

On Sunday, I was tired, but didn't like the idea of staying home all day, so I forced myself to go to Gwangju, and I did. I went to Lotte Cinema to see Wall-E. It was awesome!


I've been to Lotte Cinema in Gwangju 3 times, and I've been served by the same guy. Today, he saw me standing, waiting for my number to come up, and he smiled, so I smiled. Also, next to him, for the 3rd time as well, was the same girl that has said hello and chatted to me in English.

About a month ago, I walked around a uni that one of my friends studies at after we had dinner together. The girl at the cinema asked me if I was a teacher at (insert name here) university, in which I said no. So she said "I saw you walking around there with someone.", and I said "Oh, Ok.". I had completely forgotten about going to the uni with my friend. But she remembered that she saw me. hehe. After I watched Wall-E, I almost gave her my number/cyworld-nateon ID, but decided not to. I'm leaving in 2 months. But, maybe I should anyway. Next time, eh? ^^

2 comments:

purplesnails said...

hey andy, may i ask where you got your keyboard stickers from?

앤디오빠 said...

I got the keyboard stickers from Lotte Mart of Emart (can't remember exactly where, but both places, and other places like that should have them). Just look around the stationary section. Should be with all the stickers.