You need to conform!

So, with the wonderful weather of the weekend, I decided to go to Gwangju, just so that I wasn't at home all bored. There was a "foreigner" mart that I was tempted to find. Which I found pretty easily. The range was very limited, but the guy working there (who was kinda cute) said that they're moving next month to a different place in downtown Gwangju (near the McDonald's), so everything was 10% off. Bought a few tins of Campbell's chunky soup and a few packets of instant pasta. Also checked out the CD shop downtown, but there wasn't anything worth buying.

Got the subway to go to Sangmu (the other end of the subway line), and noticed this ad:


There was other parts of the ad, which were in Korean, and I should have taken a photo of those, because it might have explained the whole "Love for women" thing (maybe next time). But, i thought, I'd check out the Mr Pizza website when I got home.

Got the subway down to Sangmu, and thought I'd check out the Adidas store at Sejung outlet, but it's closed down for renovations. So, went to McDonald's and pigged out, then made my way to Lotte Mart, bought a few things (the usual stockpile of Dr. You bars and other gear) and a big of other food as well, bought a gym ball thing to sit around on in the house, a Korean map to take home with me.


Just as I was leaving Lotte Mart, it started bucketing down rain, and I wasn't impressed. A couple of old guys next to me, heard me swear under my breath in Korean, and just laughed. So, I got a taxi to the bus terminal, and got the bus home. Met a Pakistani guy on the Jangseong-Sachang bus, who has just moved to the area (well, over in the next 마을, about 5 mins away by bus).

So, when I got home, I unpacked all my stuff, turned on the computer to search for the Mr Pizza website, and what do I get?


Just a regular Korean website message. They either consist of: You need Internet Explorer, or You need to put in your Korean Citizen Number thingie.

So, I can't check out the Mr. Pizza website, because I don't use Windows. Regular ol' internet discrimination in Korea *^^*

1 comment:

Bjørn Larssen said...

Duh. I want to find out about Love For Women too, but I have three computers at hand, two of them are Macs and one is Linux-based :P