Has anyone seen my motivation?

The only thing about having a bad day, is that normally, the next day is a lot better.

And it was.

I slept in, but not intentionally. I missed my alarm at 6am to get up early and go to the gym. Woke up at 9am, and had breakfast, lazed around a bit. Really couldn't be bothered going to the gym. So, tidied up the place a bit, then had lunch. But, for some reason, when having a shower, I think I had panic attack. If it was a heart problem caused by what I ate, it wouldn't have come as suddenly. So, I checked up on wikipedia. I didn't have all the symptoms, but enough to make me think it was. It was a weird experience.

Anyway, I was able to calm myself down, and get to work. Work was surprisingly okay. The kids were a bit rowdy, but probably because they went back to school on Monday. They only go back for a week, then have another 2 weeks off, then start "real" school on this first monday of March. I don't see the point of it, but "this is Korea!" hehe. Had a kid try to give me some "unknown" chocolate in a class, but I could recognise it, by the color, and how students were reacting when they started to eat it. 99% Cocoa! I'm not eating that. If I'm eating chocolate (which I am not doing, from now), I want it to taste good.

At the start of January, I started making reports on all my students, and tallied the results last night. But, for this month, I'm using a small book to record it. Using the folder with every student having a piece of paper for things to circle and write, was getting annoying. Having a small notebook is easier. When I bought this book, I was looking for one that said "Seoul", but they didn't have any, only "Tokyo" and "Paris". Not very patriotic, Korea! hehe. Students are very curious about their results for January, so I stayed up a bit late, doing all that for them. i will print them out at work today.

The last class I had, which will change in a few weeks, because they are Elementary School Students who will start Middle school in March, were actually okay today. I've been using a book I bought from Australia, to use with that class, and they seem to be doing well. There was a section on adjectives, so we did a bit of a quick brain storm. One thing about Korean students, they know how to remember and regurgitate information. I coudn't write as fast as they were spitting them out. haha.

After work, I went to the supermarket, bought a few things, and then stopped at the mart near my apartment and bought a few things there. Its been crazy cold lately and I'm not a fan of getting numb hands and feet anymore. Also, I didn't want to eat a big dinner, so just milk and break for me from now on.

Woke up at 7:30am today, but went back to sleep. Didn't sleep well last night. Woke up again at 9:30am, and was almost ready to go to the gym... but, no motivation. Also, it was snowing. Its just too damn cold here. I dont know if it really colder, of if it feels colers, coz I'm thinner than last winter. haha. Knowing my luck, probably both. But, did use the weights in my house for about 30 minutes. Gotta go tomorrow. And, since my episode yesterday, which might not been food/health related, it make me thing, I need to be more healthy. Haha... which is ironic, since I didn't go to the gym.

So, made a healthy lunch - chicken salad (salad from emart) and some 고추 and 쌈장.

4 comments:

Build said...

Andy,, it's too cold in Busan. summer has to come soon.

oh,, the food in the picture looks so yummy...

앤디오빠 said...

Hey Build. I totally agree. The days are longer now, and should be warmer, but they aren't. Its still snowing intermittently here. I had to get the 학원 car home tonight, because its just too cold! haha.

Marie Lynn said...

Your motivation is hanging out behind the woodshed with mine smoking blunts.
At least that's what my wherewithall told me.

앤디오빠 said...

So, that's where it got to, and you didn't tell me? How long has this been going on? And whose motivation has been supplying these so called "blunts"? :p