Weekend in Gyeonggido/Seoul

Isn't it nice when your boss gives you the option of finishing work 100 minutes early? I got that option on friday (most likely the best day if you wanna finish early), so took it. It meant I was able to get to Jeongeup by bus, rather than my Geomdo teacher driving all the way to Sachang to get me.
 Got to Jeongeup just after 8, then I shouted dinner. One of the best Galbi places I've been to in Korea, is in Jeongeup.


Woke up nice an early on Saturday, to get the train to Suwon, which left Jeongeup station at about 8:40. On Mugunghwa trains in Korea, there is a thing called "ip-seok", roughly translated, standing room. Yep, when the train is full, you can pay less, to get a place on the train (designated by car number) and you find a place to stand. They don't care where you stand, and long as you stand. Luckily, I've only had that once, an was for an hour.


Got to Suwon on time, and took the subway to the station closest to where the kids will be having the geomdo test. The reason why they have to go to Suwn for tests, is because soms other Geomdo teachers in the area decided to change companies, and therefore can't work togethet for grading tests. Anyway, got the tests done, and then had dinner with the people in the Geomdo office. I think it was "the office", because we were able to fix my card problems (name was spent wrong, and my nationality was listed as Korean).



Weather was too cold for the kids to check out Suwon castle, so we found a New Core Outlet (pronounced "owl-let in Korean) and did some shopping. I looked around at the usual Adidas, Nike an was even tempted by some Reebok stuff, but had plans for my credit card for Sunday.


Got the subway from Sanbon station to Bucheon station (basically going from south, to west, with a transfer at Guro) and took only 40 minutes, rather than the estimated 60, so I arrived in Bucheon 30 minutes early, rather than 10. Met up with HM and BG and has some dinner. BG decided to go home, so HM and I decided to go to a quiet bar and have a chat and a few drinks. I can drink a bit with the heart medication I'm on, as long as its not a usual thing, and not a lot.


Was tired from waking up early on Saturday, so went to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. HM had some studying to do today, so I went to COEX Mall alone. The apple store there was a bit disappnting. Didn't really buy anything. Just a protective cover for my sister's Nano. Checked out the CD store, nothing special, so decided to make my way to Itaewon to buy some clothes from the usual place I go to. The place I go to is small, bit they have a good range, and the two women who ate there, have good English, and can have a good chat with them, in English and Korean.



Made my way to Yongsan, where the real retail therapy took place. New video camera. Wanna do some view stuff, for my blog, for memories, and for other reasons. Went with a Sony, of course ^^





Also, went with first class on KTX. Wanted to try it out. For an extra 16,000won, I get way more space and legroom. And the fold away table would have no problem fitting my 15" Macbook Pro. Economy KTX struggled with that.


The train's about to arrive, so better get organised, or I'll end up in Mokpo.

No comments: