Weights, Freebies and Photocopiers


Item 1: Gym etiquette

This is a no-brainer, really. Not only at the gym, but EVERY-f**King-WHERE! If you use it, you put it back in the same place. Why? So that the person who wants to use it after you do, doesn't get pissed off, when he/she can't find it when he/she wants to use it. A great example of this lately, is the weights at the gym. I kinda noticed before, that the guys who work out at the gym (in the afternoon and evening, since I only go in the mornings) do not put the weights back where they are meant to go, after they use them. I don't care how heavy they are, how much your arms hurt, how far away they are, or even the excuse of "I pay to use these, so it's not my job to tidy up". You use it, you put it back. The previous trainer used to tidy things up in the morning, but the new guy is hopeless. I notice is more now, because I'm using the weights every day. I don't think that I should go looking around for the weights, if I want to use them. If the people who use them are being like 5 year old when they leave their wet towel on the bathroom floor, and expect mummy to pick it... um... wait... that's what they do here. If its not their mum, it's their wife that picks up the wet towel.

Anyway, every day, before i lift weights, I go on the hunt, find them, and put them in order. Maybe I'm being slightly obsessive-compulsive. But, its annoying. My way of dealing with it, is to just do it. Lol.


Item 2: Freebies

One of the cool things about being a Foreigner/American/외국인 in Korea (and yes, I know I'm not American, but I'm white, and in Korea, White = American) is getting free stuff from shops that you go to. In Korea, it's called "service". Today's freebie, was a cupcake from the bakery in the supermarket near the gym. I bought a jam donut after I had lunch, and got the cupcake for free. So, I saved the donut (will have it with breakfast tomorrow), and had the cupcake on the way to work.


Item 3: The Photocopier

Yesterday, this wonderful piece of office machinery that so many people have become dependant on in the modern world (including me) was a complete bitch. Today, It had completely forgot about the altercation yesterday, and pretended that nothing happened. And yes, it is a girl... I know those mind games that its playing. I wasn't born yesterday.

No comments: