Trials, Tribulations and Lemonade.

I came to Korea to challenge myself. That is the main reason why I came here. I wanted a challenge, and in the past 28 months, I have had one. The first year, things were good. The 2nd year, things were hard. But this year, is turning out to be the hardest of the three.

Knowing when to give up, is wiser than just giving up. But, its still giving up. I have learnt, changed and grown form my experience in Korea, but it has changed me in ways that I didn't expect, and changed me in ways that I don't like. So, I've gotta work harder to become the person I want to be, rather than the person that others expect me to be. Korea can be a very twisted, cold and dark place at times. Just gotta deal with, take it one day at a time.

I know that I have come to my time, when it comes to Korea. It is time to go back home, recuperate, rest and re-gather thoughts, and move on to the next journey in life. I've pretty much gotten what I want from Korea. There is nothing else left for me. I just gotta try to get the most out of a situation that doesn't have much left in it.

I've used all of my lemons to make lemondade, and I drank it all. Now, I could get a straw, and try to get the last drops of lemonade out of the cups. Or I could use the left over pulp and peal of the lemon, to fertilise my next endeavour in life. I've had enough of Korean lemonade. If the lemonade was in cans, I would be recycling the cans for what little money they are worth, rather than sucking the last drops of lemonade that is left.

Its time to move on.

I need a new flavour.

1 comment:

Marie Lynn said...

It's not giving up, it's knowing when to close a chapter. You know those movies that really should've ended but they're an extra 1.5 hours long. Don't let your Korea time be that.

And if you'd kindly give me your lemonade recipe I'm in dire need at the moment.