Day 4, Toyohashi (June 7, 2008)


Daisuke had to get up early to go to work today. So, for the morning, I had a bit of a sleep in, and then set out on my own little tour. Nothing special, just checking out a few things in the area.


First on the list, was Apita, the equivalent of emart or lotte mart. I looked around there, checking out stuff, and went into the supermarket. I bought a few things for breakfast, and decided to eat them at my next destination.


I was still surprised as to how many people ride bikes around Japan. You can't do that in Korea. You'd get run over by a car, or by the delivery scooters. You can't ride on the footpath, because there isn't enough space, and people would be angry with you.

Anyway, I crossed the foot bridge to the park I was gonna eat my breakfast at.




I walked around, looking for a good place to sit, and then I dug in. I bought a lot, a pre-packaged meal, some salad, mango juice and yoghurt.


After eating that, I walked around the lake again, and then set off to Tsutaya, a huge CD and DVD chain store. But saw a few other things on the way...


Cigarette vending machines...


Soft Drink vending machines...


and the price of petrol.

I made it to Tsutaya, and spent a decent amount of time looking in there. 2 storeys of digital entertainment! I asked a few people about a few titles, and a few artists. Some of the staff knew some English, so they tried (without hesitation) to speak to me (which is very unlike Korea, in my experience), and when they didn't know English, they bent over backwards to help me out. I was just surprised as to how helpful they were *^^*

But, in the end, I didn't buy anything, but the experience was still great. I headed back to Apita, and then headed back to Daisuke's house, since we were going to have lunch together. My sprite was good!



Daisuke came home, and then we went to his work, to meet his parents. His parents run a gift shop store. It was good to meet them, and say hi to them.


We then headed to a Sushi restaurant for our last meal together.





This place was huge, with one huge as sushi conveyer belt servicing 3 groups of tables! Daisuke then drove me to Toyohashi station, for me to get the bus (I was the only person on it, so i felt a little sorry for the bus driver, ㅋㅋㅋ, but luckily someone else got on half way), and headed to Centrair Airport. Thanks for the awesome time and awesome memories, Daisuke and Noriko *^^*


No comments: