Day 5, Airport and Back to Korea.

Woke up at 6:20, had a shower, and headed to the hotel restaurant for some breakfast, and then checked out. Got the ticket for the place, went though customs, and checked out the duty free. Only a small duty free area, but i bought a few small trinkets, and then went to my gate and waited. Used a bit of free internet there, but it was a bit slow.

When I got on the plane, it wasn't full, and i had a free seat next to me, so was able to stretch out a bit. After getting off the plane, I went though immigration and customs, in which I was nervous. I don't know why, but I've always been nervous when going though Immigration and customs in Korea. I didn't have any problems in Australia (when I went to and from Korea) and in Japan, but in Korea, it just messes with my head. Then was hit by a barrage of people in a crowded space that is known as Incheon Airport. I wasn't feeling good about coming back to Korea, for a few reasons. One, it means I had to work the next day, and two, i had an argument with an old Korean guy, after he bumped into my with his cart, when he wasn't watching where he was going. I got a ticket for the bus to Gwangju, got a feed of McDonald's and tried to shake it off.

After arriving in Gwangju, i decided to get a bus to Jangseong, since I knew that the direct bus to Sachang would be full of soldiers, which is something that I didn't want to deal with (don't get me started on my bad experience with young Korean soldiers). And the timing couldn't have been better. Left Gwangju terminal at 5:20pm, arrived in Jangseong at 5:45pm, got the Sachang bus at 5:50pm, and was in my apartment by 6:15pm. It felt good to be able to relax in my own place, but on the other hand, I just didn't wanna be here. I've got about 130 days to go, so hopefully, that will go by fast.

After relaxing for a while, I went for a walk to get some dinner, and ended up at Tong Tong Gimbap. After experiencing Japanese food, I feel disappointed with generic Korean food.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Looking at all of your pics makes me want to go to Japan even more. Hopefully time goes by fast for you.

Why am I here??? said...

DAMN you make Japan look like so much fun. I have started to do a little research to go there now b/c of your pics.

앤디오빠 said...

Hey Kuri. I hope that time goes fast enough. I still have 4 months to go, and I still wanna enjoy some time left in Korea. Thanks for reading and the comment *^^*

Hey Why *^^* Japan is definitely worth checking out. I took $1000 with me for 5 days, and without budgeting, it got my by with no worries. Japan is so good, that I'm thinking of checking out Fukuoka (can go there by Ferry from Busan) before I leave Korea in October.