Week Review

Well, this week was very mundane and... regular, with a few twists and turns here and there. One of them being a student's mini ant farm. You can pick them up from a few places in town. You catch the ants, put them in the container, and they eat the blue gel stuff, and you get to watch them make tunnels, and do stuff. Very tempted to buy one of my own, just for the fun of it.



Another animal related thing: pet fish. As I was walking past the chicken I usually order from (coz the owners' daughter used to come to my hagwon), and the owner and I had a quick chat, telling me that they had changed the brand of their chicken, from BBQ Chicken to Mom's Touch (part of Popeye's Chicken). I was thinking of pizza for dinner, but I decided to get chicken. Had a chat with everyone, ordered my chicken and got a small "grand opening" gift - two pet fish in a bag.


Not related to animals - retail therapy. Lately, I have been thinking of getting a new computer before I go back to Australia, because I won't be able to afford it for a while after being home. Even though I like my Macbook Pro, I don't like the size of it. A 15.5" wide notebook sounds like a good idea at the time, but trying to carry it everywhere, is a pain. So, I decided to get a Black Macbook. The white Macbooks have a smaller hard drive than what I have in my Macbook, and I didn't want white. I called the guy that runs the apple store in Gwangju, and asked if he had any in stock, and said no, but they were coming in Friday at abuot 11am - 12pm, which was fine by me, so I went in and got one. Now all I have to do is sell my old Macbook Pro.


Friday was test day at school. I didn't know that the boss was going to do a TOEIC style test with the students. I just thought it would have been from the stuff that I was teaching them, from the in house book. The tests they did were from a book called "My First TOEIC". The picture below, is a pic of a few of my students, ranging from Grade 2 to Grade 4, taking a TOEIC style test. My opinion: totally fucking wrong.


Looking forward to the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy. I found your blog searching for Apple stores in Kwangju. My Korean is very limited, so I was wondering if you could be so kind and tell me where it is? Is it an actual Apple store or just a certified Apple retailer? I got to the city a few days ago, and am in desperate need of a new iPod! Uh, sorry if this is a bit weird?
I read most of your recent entries and was quite entertained (also, all the ones on Kwangju). I don't know why I didn't think to start reading expat blogs before I left home. Anyway...