Andy in SK - Weekend Edition

Wasted my Saturday - thanks to Korean planning. Got a call from my boss at 10:30am, just as I was about to walk out of the door to go to the gym, that the people who are going to change the Hot Water Service, would come around and replace it in the morning. Since it was 10:30am, and the boss said "morning", silly me assumed that the people would be ON TIME! So, i'm thinking, I can go to to the gym late, and have a late lunch. Not a problem.

Didn't Happen.

My guess is, that morning, means anytime in Korea. The guys showed up at about 2:30pm, in which I just stuck a note on my door saying "I was told you would come in the morning, I did have a plan, but I got tired of waiting. Will be back at 5pm. Come then (in korean)". I still hadn't eaten Lunch at this time. So, they piss-farted around for an hour, got it installed, and by the time they got out, I was so damn hungry that I had to eat, and just wasn't in the mood to go to the gym anymore.

Had dinner with a Korean Soldier friend that lives in my town. Went to a Galbi restaurant. Was pretty good. He brought along a friend, who he already made a promise to (I guess the theme of the day was Korean Planning), and then, another Korean soldier friend called me, saying that he didn't go to him hometown, and wanted to meet up (in which he told me, during the week, that he was going), in which we went to a bar, and they drank some beers, i had juice, but we were all pretty tired, so got home at about 10:30. I went to bed early.

Woke up at 7:20am this morning. Had another dream about shit going down at an airport. Just another reminder to get organised about travelling soon.

Meet JY in Gwangju today. Had a really great time with her. When we met, we exchanged Pepero, and had some lunch. had some Mandu and Dongas together, then went to see "The Bufferfly". It was an AWESOME movie ^^ You gotta see it. I was waiting for the main actor, Gerald Butler (the main character in "300") to yell out "Spartaaa~". haha. Since an interesting movie, with a good twist at the end.

Also, she helped me get a Megabox Point Card, which helps you get free stuff when you get enough points. I've already got a Columbus Cinema Card, which is for the cinema I go to regularly, but Megabox is the same price (7000won), but you get a free small popcorn ^^ I never used to like Popcorn, but now its all good ^^



After coffee, cheesecake and a good chat, we went to a 1000won shop (aka $2 shop), and tagged some stuff that we would buy after dinner. Had Galbi for dinner in a really nice place, across from Megabox. Then, back to the shop, bought the stuff, and made my way back to the terminal to get the bus home.

I had a great day with her. It felt really good to speak Korean and English with someone, who can understand both ^^

No comments: