Blogging from Melbourne Airport

Arrived in Melbourne on time, at 8:10am Australian time. I was sitting next to someone who had been in Seoul for a few days, due to work, and we talked about a few things. Was good to have someone to talk to, rather than be on the flight all bored for 10.5 hours.

Didn't get much sleep on the plane, which I expected.

Went through customs, and my passport checked out, but was a bit damaged due to being washed, not once, but twice, in the washing machine accidently. They kept my waiting for about 10 minutes, and then told me that I need to get a new passport, because its damaged. I've got 2 weeks here in Australia to get it done. If not, I hope I can get my flight back to Korea changed. Also, gotta deal with my visa and stuff, with regard to the new passport. The guy at customs said, if you try to travel with this passport, it will be confiscated. Fair Enough. Rules are there for a reason.

Anyway, Got through customs and immigration just after 9:10am, and found the check-in place for the flight to my home town, but it was too early to check in. Found a place that sold the power connection adaptor things (about $15), so that I can charge my notebook when I'm in Australia (and my digital camera). So, had a bit an hours rest on a chair near the check-in place (had the iPod loud enough so that I wouldn't fall asleep). Checked in at just before 11, for the flight leaving to my hometown at 12:45pm (boarding is at 12:25pm).

I'm pretty tired, and pretty annoyed about the whole passport thing. Have to add it to the list of "shit to sort out" for Monday morning (which includes new passport, and talking about the visa stuff (which I photocopied before I came to Australia), including new driver's license and sorting out bank/credit cards.

I normally tend to stress about things, when I'm in a position where I can't do anything about them. I would just love to be able to sort all the shit out, so that I can feel relieved and relaxed for my vacation.

Coming into Melbourne airport was... WOW! My Australian accent has really changed. Even though I do sound Australian, it's a very weak accent, and to hear all these Australian accents is a bit overwhelming. Also, It feels very strange to be in a place where I am not hearing Korean all the time.

I know I'll feel better after sleep, and after sorting out this passport situation. I guess, its what they call "Reverse Culture Shock". I've become so accustomed to Korea and doing Korean things. I've even accidently said a few Korean words already, and done a few Korean "actions" (like supporting your left arm when receiving money/gifts, and bowing. haha.

I know it's only two weeks. Quick enough to be short. Slow enough to be long.

No comments: