Driving, Passports, Friends and Stress

Arrived in Melbourne yesterday, after 7.5 hours of driving. Left Mildura at about 1:30pm after lunch, and arrived in Melbourne at my cousin's house just after 8pm. We went to noodle box and got some take-away noodles. I got a regular box, so that I would have some for breakfast on Wednesday. Was tired from driving, so got to sleep at about 11am.

Woke up at 6am, but stayed in bed until just after 7am, coz I was still a bit tired from driving. Decided to walk to the city, but after an hour, was getting a bit hot and sweaty, so rode the tram into the city. I got to the passport office with about an hour to spare, but couldn't check in using the computers until 30 mins before my appointment, so sat there waiting, watching the Bourne Identity on my iPod. Checked in at 10:46am, and got a ticket, and actually had my appointment 5 mins early.

I was so relieved to know that I was able to keep my old passport for the visas I needed to get back into Korea. It was all done in about 15 minutes. Nothing wrong with the application (thank f**k, coz I drove 7.5 hours for it), and my new passport will be ready by lunchtime Friday. Just really glad that its all sorted.

Met SJ in the city. Called her after I finished sorting out my passport. We walked around, talking, and found a coffee place to get a drink and chat more. Then we took a tram to Lygon St, and had some Italian food for lunch. It was really delicious, but the Lasagne had a very strong flavour. Then we went back to the CDB for some souvenir and vitamin shopping (some vitamins are a lot cheaper here in Australia, than Korea). Got the tram back to my cousins house (which was packed for a tram, which is nowhere near packed as Seoul subway ^^).

No plan for thursday yet, but might meet up with SJ again. I've lost my Australian accent, but she has gained one ^^

No comments: