Already Thursday! Great!

So far, this week has been good. Having two long weekends after each other is great. It's already Thursday, and feels like it should be Tuesday. I'm thinking, everyone should have half a day off a week somewhere, just to be able to get though it all! Would definitely make me feel better. But, my hours are pretty good as it is. I work 2:30 to 7:50 four days a week, and 3:30 to 9:30 one day a week. The only bad thing is the late finishing day is on a Friday.

I've been doing some hiking in the mornings (weather permitting). Get to work on time, and do my classes. They've been okay recently. Middle school can still be a pain, but I only have them once a week. I wouldn't have stayed here for such as long, if I had middle school students every day.

I'm looking forward to a non-travelling weekend this weekend. The last three weekends I've travelled, so I'm looking forward to going to Geomdo in Jeongeup on Saturday, and not having to rush things, because I've got a train to catch. Since I might be leaving in October, I only have about 5 months to try to get 2nd level black belt.

Here are a few photos from work:


Every now and then, I buy some lollies/candy for students at work. The good flavours go pretty quick, and all the strange ones are the ones remaining.


During one of the younger classes, we were singing an English song that had the sentence "I have five balloons", and one student thought it was "I have fire balloons". So, I drew the real words, and his words. Only problem was, after that, everyone liked the idea of "fire balloons".


Korean for 17th. And yes, Koreans write their 7's like that, because the normal way looks like ㄱ. For example, if you wrote 71, it could get mistaken for 기.


Sometimes I use Korean in class. I have some insight into learning Korean as a 2nd language, and since my students are learning English as a 2nd language, I find that I often make similar mistakes to them. One thing that I don't like though, it writing English words with Korean letters, but at times, I have to. Today's victim was "August". When I said it naturally, they had no idea. But, they knew 오거스트, which doesn't sound anything like "August". So, using my style, i wrote "오그ㅅㅌ". Now, people who know Korean are gonna be all "where is the ㅡ under the ㅅ and ㅌ?". I don't write it, because I don't want them to say 오그스트. I want them to say August. But since their used to English in Korean letters, it is sometimes easier.



How to make a Korean flag (태국이). 지름 is Korean for "diameter". I was talking to a middle school student about the 도덕 (morals) class today, and I saw a few books. It's basically a mixture of learning about Korean traditions, manners, and doing the right thing. I just wish more of my middle school students would pay attention in that class, and actually try to use what they learn. But, some things are kind of cool in that class. Never in my school days, was I taught how to be able to draw an Australian flag.

No comments: