Bored at Work

I got bored at work today, so I checked out the "conversational and practical English" section of my Electronic Dictionary. Just a warning. For people who don't like offensive language in any forms, don't look. If you don't care, or are curious, feel free to read on *^^*

Here are a few highlights.


This one isn't all that bad. Just a general "sort yourself out" message.


Just a few general exclamations.


Here, 18 in Korean is 십팔, which sounds very similar to 씨발, a very offensive Korean word. I hear this word many times here in Korea, but it's kind of like saying "fuck" in sentences when you're with friends. Depends on the situation.






From what I understand, the word in brackets (꺼저) is more like "Fuck off!". Just that extra bit of intensity *^^*





I have found learning 욕 (bad language) in Korean has helped me in some ways. Firstly, I know when my kids are swearing at each other. It seems to be okay, to a certain level, with Elementary School students swearing (when talking to themselves). In my class, it doesn't go down very well. Also, when some random Korean is having a go at you, at least you know that they've taken it to the next level by resorting to swearing. If you know some, you can just randomly yell it back, if you feel the need to go down to that level. *^^*

I've freaked a few random people out in a subway station in Seoul once, when some random beggar (거지) at the time decided to start speaking English to me, and I ignored him. He then started to yell a few swear words at me in Korean, so I decided to yell a few back. A few Koreans turned around, and saw a foreigner in a swearing match, and were kinda surprised, mainly coz I was a foreigner swearing in Korean. Kinda got a few looks after that. lol.

1 comment:

Joia said...

**taking notes** Wow, this is quite handy. THANKS!!!! Lol. :) Have so much fun in JAPAN!!!!!!!