Geomdo, Friends and Gwangju

Woke up at 7:30am, so that I could get the 8:50 bus out of here, so that I could get to Jeongeup just after 10am. We reviewed everything, including 쌍수 겁법, 심상 and 예도 검법 1 though to 3, and then learned number 4. 예도 has 9 routines to master, and then I'm ready to take the black belt test. Since I'm going home in October, I hope to get it before I go.

After Geomdo, I got a direct bus to Gwangju. I was meeting IS for an early dinner and coffee. But, on the way, I stopped by Geomho world (which is one the way to the subway station), and got a 2 Gigabyte memory card for my camera, and a battery for my video camera. I'm not gonna take my computer, and I'm sure I'm gonna be taking a lot of photos and video for when I go to Japan, so I wanna be prepared. Carrying around a 2.5kg notebook for 5 days straight is not a good idea.

Anyway, met up with IS downtown, and there was another festival happening close by, so it was packed again. I met IS, and then we started walking and talking, thinking about what to get for dinner. Then we ran into a few people that we know/are acquainted with. A few of them, I have distanced myself from them, because one of them, a woman the same age as me, who already has a boyfriend, messages me a little too often for someone who already has a boyfriend. They were headed for a Korean/Foreigner monthly dinner, which both IS and I knew about, but we're not a fan of big crowds, and the time is a little inconvenient for me. The meeting time is 7pm, and as usual, some people come late, so people don't order until late, and by the time that the food comes, I have to go, because of the last bus back to my town is at 9:05pm.

IS and I had dinner together, and then had some coffee and chatted. He's studying English Education, and he knows that I studied Primary/Elementary School Education, we we talk about different teacher stuff. It's very interesting to hear about the Korean Education system.

Anyway, we were walking back to Starbucks (where the meeting place was for the Korean/Foreigner meeting) to see if anyone was there, because IS wanted to pop in and say hi. This was at 7:30pm. We standed there and chatted to some of the people there, which seemed like decent people. Met a guy from New Zealand who has been working at one of the Universities in Gwangju, and two other Canadian women who have been here for a bit as well. It wasn't a deep conversation, just the usual Foreigner/English Teacher talk "How long have you been here?; Where are you from?' Where do you work?:" - shit like that.

Anyway, after all that, it was time for me to make my journey back to the bus terminal, to get the last bus home.


Every now and then, I see a few empty bottles of Soju on the step of the elevator, which is there for children to press the buttons. If someone is drinking soju, and they are taking the elevator back to their apartment, why don't they just hold onto the damn bottle for a few more seconds, and put it with their recycling? Or even better, if they're going down to the first floor, why don't they put the empty bottle in the recycling bags near the mart?

No comments: