Weekly? Nah, just lazy *^^*

Okay, I've been a bit lazy this week. I haven't blogged all that much, mainly because not much has happened. I've been hiking in the morning for about an hour (except for today - cleaning and re-arranging the apartment), go to work, and then get to a restaurant for dinner, then come home. That's about it.

So, here are a few pics from the week:


I'm not a fan of wasting my time at work (even though I get paid for it). I have a few (understatement) that waste time and don't pay attention by drawing in their book. Here is one of the main offenders.


When my kids f**k up, I make them write lines. But, I don't make them write it in Korean - most likely, they wouldn't understand. So, I make them write it in Korean. The lines above (roughly translated) mean: For Andy Teacher's class, I will line up quietly and orderly. The two kids who wrote that, actually hurt some kids when lining up, because they were acting like dicks. Not surprisingly, these two kids are the ones that piss me (and everyone else) off the most. The boss wasn't all that impressed with them not being in my class, and writing lines in Korean, but if no-one else is gonna teach them how to behave, i guess it's up to me.


Sometimes I play hangman in class (but I don't actually hang, the kids (or their teams) get points, depending on how many letters there are in the words). Thursday's sentence make them laugh.


Yeah, I probably shouldn't be using Korean in my class - but everyone else does (the students, the boss, and other teachers), so sometimes I do too. Its easier. Anyway, trying to say "뒤쫓고있었다" (was chasing) made the kids laugh, because 쫓 sounds like 좇 (jot) which is slang for balls or penis.


Thuesday's diinner: 순대 (sounds like: Soon-dae). Best way to describe it is Korean traditional sausages, where the outside of the sausage is intestines. The intestine factor kinda puts me off, so I only had a few pieces. We also ordered 튀김 (stuff battered and deep fried - ours was green peppers with a kind of filling, sweet potato, squid and shrimps) and some 떡복이 (rice cakes in a red, spicy sauce). Not exactly healthy, but it's okay to tell the diet to f**k off for a day.


I sent an email to the Kids' Times, a weekly English newspaper directed at Korean kids, because of their incorrect use of the word "alphabet". Alphabet means a set of letters in a fixed order that are used to represent the basic sounds of a language. So, by saying that "we don't use alphabet" it wrong. They most likely meant "the English Alphabet", but that's not the point. Korea has an alphabet, and it is called Hangeul (한글). If you're gonna read the passage, just ignore the over-patrioticness of it. But that is for another post. *^^* ㅋㅋㅋ

1 comment:

ambearo said...

Hey man, I tagged you in a meme at my blog. I've never done one before and I don't know many people with blogs. Don't do it if you don't want to. xx