Good/Bad/Neutral

Today is pay day! That is a good thing.
I'm sending 40% of my pay (after tax) home, to pay of some of my credit card. That is a good thing.
I'm saving 270,000 won for spending money during my Japan holiday. That is a good thing.
I got a phone bill in the mail, which says, you owe us 123,450 won. That is a bad thing.
My boss said to me "I thought that I set it up so that the money would be directly out of your account". That is a bad thing.
I also told my boss that I am considering going home at the end of my contract. That is a good thing.
My boss said "You need to decide what you want to do, so that we can take it from there." That is neutral.
I said "I need more information about what I need to do, for me to stay". That is also neutral.
He said "You need a drugs/HIV blood test, and a piece a criminal records check". That is, again (reluctantly), neutral.
Then he said, "Can tell by next pay day (July 20th), if you want to stay or not?" Again - neutral.
I replied "Sure", and thought "Since the convo started, I've already made my decision, but I'll tell you in a month's time". That is a good thing.
I did a quick budget on the whiteboard. I think I can save enough, as long as I don't travel between now and the end of my contract (excluding Japan). That, not by much, is a good thing.
I then told my students, that we will be having birthday parties in class. After they whinged and whined for 5 minutes about it, one bright spark actually asked me "Why?", and I told them that it is getting too expensive, along with the rewards system. That is a double good thing, because I'm saving money, and one of my students actually asked the question.
I also changed the rewards system to have less things as rewards. Since they knew the "it's getting expensive" excuse, they didn't whinge as much. That is a good thing.
Classes went well enough. That is a good thing.
Went to the bank, got money out, walked to the restaurant and had some dinner, then bought something for lunch tomorrow (total of 6,900won spent). That is a good thing.

Score (+1 for good, -1 for bad, - for neutral): 9

3 comments:

Jiyoon said...

whinged and whined ??


What dose that mean?

앤디오빠 said...

Hi Jiyoon, thanks for reading my blog. "Whinged and Whined" means to complain repeatedly, so that it becomes annoying, or nag. Kind of like 불평하다, or 잔소리 하다.

Banannas said...

*not* having any more birthday parties?!

i understand...i can't afford it and only treated my kids every once in a long while. randomly. :p