Geomdo, trains and Manju

Getting up at 7:30am this morning was a struggle. Its been a while since I've had to wake up at that time. For the first time in a few weeks, I'm going to Jeongeup to do Geomdo. Just get the local bus to Jangseong, then another bus to Jeongeup. Total travel and waiting time is about 1 hour 10 mins.

It was good to see my Geomdo teacher again. I bought a few things from Paris Baguette (a bakery chain here in Korea) since I skipped breakfast. My teacher also didnt eat, so we ate before doing Geomdo. I was so tired from getting up early, that I didnt have much strength. We recapped Yedo 1, 2 and 3 and then had a break. Started to learn pattern 4, but only the start, coz its easy. We were gonna try cutting bamboo, but I had no strength at all.

After Geomdo, I went to Jeongeup train station, and got the train to Seodaejeon (West Daejeon) station, a taxi to Daejeon station (had to change train lines), and got KTX to Busan. I bought some Manju, which is a kind of soft baked snack, with some kind of cream in the middle. I only see the shops at busy train stations, so I decided to buy some today.

I shared them with a guy sitting next to me and we started up a conversation. A few other guys in some seats near me started looking at me, coz I'm a foreigner speaking (well, trying to speak) Korean. Just talked about the usual things: how long have you been in Korea, where are you from, what do you do, where are you going.

The ends of sentences in Korean still confuse me, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

No comments: